Due to the COVID-19 emergency, the Centre for Excellence in Emergency Preparedness (CEEP), Dr. Daniel Kollek, and PMPH USA are providing access to selected chapters of Disaster Preparedness for Health Care Facilities.
- Chapter 1. Introduction to Disasters and Disaster Planning
- Chapter 4. IMS and Communications
Chapter 4 Appendices:
- Appendix A. Sample IAP Forms
- Appendix B. Command Contact List
- Appendix C. Sample Job Action Sheets
- Chapter 6. Hospital Emergency Surge Capacity
- Chapter 7. Volunteers
- Chapter 7. Volunteers appendices A—N
- Chapter 12. Managing Chemical, Biological, Radiological, and Nuclear Disaster in a Health Care Facility
- Chapter 12. Managing Chemical, Biological, Radiological, and Nuclear Disaster in a Health Care Facility appendices A—D
- Chapter 14. Family Reunification in Mass Casualty Incidents
- Chapter 15. Disaster Psychiatry
- Chapter 16. Psychosocial Issues in Disasters
- Chapter 17. Ethics
A complete and authoritative educational text, Disaster Preparedness for Health Care Facilities addresses emergency health care preparedness for disasters – both natural and man-made – to inform and guide health care facility administrators, clinical practitioners, and allied health service providers in planning and managing facility and medical responses.
Beginning with how to assess the readiness of your health care facility to manage potential disasters, the book progresses to how to deal with any readiness deficiencies found. Each chapter can be a standalone document addressing an individual aspect of disaster preparedness. But when all chapters are combined, it creates a complete and authoritative guide on all aspects of disaster preparedness.
Disaster Preparedness for Health Care Facilities is the only book of its kind that centralizes all of the content required for a health care facility to plan, prepare, and manage disaster related events.
Chapter 1: Introduction to Disasters and Disaster Planning Chapter 2: Risk and Hazard Vulnerability Analysis Chapter 3: Readiness and Mitigation Chapter 4: IMS and Communications Chapter 5: Triage Chapter 6: Hospital Emergency Surge Capacity Chapter 7: Volunteers Chapter 8: Preparing for Mass Gatherings Chapter 9: Scene safety Chapter 10: Analgesia and Mass Casualty Incidents Chapter 11: Infectious Diseases Following Disasters Chapter 12: Disasters with Contaminations Chapter 13: Paediatrics in Disasters Chapter 14: Family Re-unification Chapter 15: Disaster Psychiatry Chapter 16: Psycho-social Issues in Disasters Chapter 17: Ethics Chapter 18: Medico-legal Issues Chapter 19: Emergency Preparedness and Business Continuity Management